At Turner-Wood Dental, we provide a high level of service in an environment of trust. We are a caring team, committed to providing the best care to our patients.
We provide a comprehensive range of dental services for the entire family - including preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry:
- Preventive Cleanings, Exams, & Diagnostic X-rays - Cleanings use various instruments & devices to loosen and remove deposits such as plaque and tartar from the teeth. We also take state-of-the-art digital x-rays, which use 70% to 80% less radiation than traditional, old fashioned films. These x-rays go hand in hand in developing your individual treatment plan, in diagnosing what may be causing you discomfort, and help us maintain your oral health when you come in for your continuing care checkup appointments.
- Periodontal (gum) treatment - Periodontal disease is an inflamatory disease that attacks the gums, bone and other supporting structures of the teeth. The type of treatment required depends on how advanced your case is.
- Sealants - An acrylic-like material that helps shield out decay-causing bacteria from the chewing surfaces of back teeth.
- Fillings - Restorations that are done to repair damage caused by tooth decay.
- Root Canals - The removal of tissues in the center of the tooth, the sealing of the space that is created during the process of removal, and cleansing of the root canal system.
- Extractions/Oral Surgery - The removal of the tooth from its socket in the bone.
- Crowns and Bridges - A crown is a tooth-like covering placed over a carefully prepared existing tooth used to strenghten, restore, or improve the appearance of your natural tooth. A bridge is a custom device anchored to neighboring teeth that replaces one or more missing teeth.
- Implant Restoration - After a specialist places a titanium post, a custom abutment and crown would be the final step in a full implant restoration.
- Veneers - A thin, semi-translucent shell, usually fabricated from porcelain, that is custom made to fit precisely over an existing tooth.
- Whitening - A process by which the discolorations of the enamel and dentin are lightened.
- Full and Partial Dentures - Prosthetic appliances that are designed to replace missing teeth.
- Sleep Apnea Mouthpiece and Bruxism Appliance - These are two different aides. The sleep apnea mouthpiece is fabricated to keep the airway open and possibly reduce or prevent snoring. The bruxism appliance is better known as the appliance for grinding your teeth. It is custom made to fit you, and aides in protecting your teeth from damage caused by involuntarily grinding your teeth.